Geoffrey E. Liebmann is a member of Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP's corporate practice group.
Geoff's practice is principally focused on securities offerings and general corporate representation, and his clients include both leading investment banks and issuers. He has over 20 years of experience practicing in the biopharmaceutical industry handling a wide range of transactions, including private and public financings, intellectual property licensing, research and development collaborations, commercialization agreements, asset sales and acquisitions.
Geoff's corporate finance experience includes private placements, Rule 144A offerings, IPOs, PIPES, follow-on offerings and secured loans. In his general corporate practice, Geoff has extensive experience in the areas of ongoing SEC reporting and disclosure obligations, Sarbanes-Oxley and other compliance programs, NASDAQ listing requirements and delisting procedures, employee equity incentives, corporate governance, strategic planning and related matters.
- Represented JPMorgan and the other underwriters in a $202.5 million offering of common stock of VIVUS, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company focused on treatments for obesity and erectile dysfunction.
- Represented Stifel Nicolaus Weisel and the other underwriters in the $43.4 million IPO of NewLink Genetics Corporation, a biopharmaceutical company focused on treatments for cancer.
- Represented XOMA Ltd. (now XOMA Corporation), a NASDAQ-traded biopharmaceutical company, in its change of jurisdiction of incorporation from Bermuda to Delaware.
- Represented XOMA Ireland Limited in its acquisition of U.S. commercialization rights to products containing perindopril from Les Laboratoires Servier, a privately-held French pharmaceutical company.
- Represented XOMA (US) LLC and its affiliates in connection with its secured loan from General Electric Capital Corporation.
- Represented a UK biopharmaceutical company focused on treatment of cardiovascular disease in various registered offerings of convertible debentures, ordinary shares and warrants.
- Represented a NASDAQ-traded natural and organic food and personal care products company in numerous acquisitions, including of a public company.
- Represented the underwriters in a $42.6 million offering of common stock of Javelin Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on treatment and management of pain.
- Represented the underwriters in the $70 million IPO of Myogen, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company focused on treatment of cardiovascular disorders.
- Represented the initial purchasers in a $575 million convertible debenture offering by Genzyme Corporation.
Geoff has practice at Cahill since his graduation from the University of Chicago Law School. He became partner in 1995.