Compensation & Benefits
Cahill offers associates highly competitive annual base salaries and bonuses. Summer associates are compensated on a basis consistent with that of our full-time first year associates.
Health Plans & Insurance Benefits
- Firm-subsidized group medical insurance plan for lawyers and eligible dependents, including spouse and/or children. The medical plan includes coverage for prescription drugs. Coverage is available the first day of employment.
- Firm-subsidized choice of dental plans for lawyers and eligible dependents, including spouse and/or children. Coverage is available the first day of employment.
- The Firm offers a vision care plan with VSP, a specialty vision insurance company. The plan provides savings for eye exams, new lenses, and contact lenses every 12 months, and new frames every 24 months.
- Health Flexible Spending Account for allocation of up to $2,750 in pre-tax dollars to be applied against qualified healthcare expenses.
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account for allocation of pre-tax dollars against covered work-related dependent care expenses.
- Group term life insurance at four times annual base salary, without cost.
- Short-term Disability benefits up to 26 weeks.
- Group Long Term Disability insurance, without cost. Subject to approval by the insurance company, monthly benefits of 60% of salary are paid after 26 weeks' short-term disability have lapsed.
- Optional Group Long-term Care Insurance is available and pays an additional monthly benefit if you become disabled after 90 consecutive days. Benefits are paid up to a maximum of 72 months.
- Free annual physical.
- Back up Child Care and Enhanced Family Support Program provided by Bright Horizons (for U.S. offices).
- Discounted health club membership with The New York Sports Club and Equinox (for NY office).
- Employee assistance program for lawyers and their families for personal difficulties, including substance abuse, depression and financial problems (for U.S. offices).
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) assistance is available to eligible lawyers employed by the firm for at least one year (for U.S. offices).
401(k) Plan & Other Benefits
- Enrollment option to participate in Cahill's 401(k) Plan available on the first day of employment. Our plan allows for participants to make elective deferrals to the plan as pre-tax contributions and/or "Roth 401(k) Contributions" (for U.S. offices).
- Opportunity to participate in the firm’s pension program (for London office).
- 4 weeks' paid vacation (5 weeks for the London office).
- Pre-Tax Transit and Parking Plan covers workplace commuting expenses with tax-free dollars (for U.S. offices).
Work Life Balance
At Cahill we respect family and life balance, and accommodate individual situations.
- 18 weeks' parental leave for primary caregivers, or up to 26 weeks maternity-related disability. Additionally, primary caregivers who return to the Firm after birth or adoption of a child will be given the option to work at a reduced load for up to 12 weeks for proportionate pay to ensure a smooth transition back to work after parental leave.
- 4 weeks' parental leave for secondary caregivers.
- Flexible work policy. The firm makes flexible work options that recognize the needs of a growing family available to lawyers returning from parental leave to facilitate the transition back to work. Lawyers returning from primary or secondary caregiver leave may opt to work remotely, work on a reduced hours schedule, or request extended unpaid leave from the firm. Additionally, to support lawyers who want to strike a different balance in their lives, whether on account of family or other circumstances, alternative work arrangements outside of these options will be considered by the firm on a case-by-case basis.
- We offer a Wellness Room for nursing mothers. We also offer breast milk home delivery service for business traveling breastfeeding mothers through Milk Stork.
- Emergency child care from a trusted name in daycare, located nearby the office.
- For incoming lawyers, the firm will provide a salary advance in the spring before commencement of full-time employment. Advances are also available to judicial clerks joining the firm once the clerkship is completed.
- Reimbursement of reasonable moving expenses for new hires who attend law school outside of the New York metro area.
Tax LL.M and Dual J.D./M.B.A Candidates
- The firm pays sign-on bonuses to LL.M. (tax) graduates on a case-by-case basis.
- One year of credit to incoming associates who have concurrently obtained a J.D. and M.B.A. in a four year program on a case-by-case basis.
Other Benefits & Perks
- Dollar-for-dollar firm match (up to a maximum of $1,000) for gifts made by associates to their law schools.
- Bar Association dues for one association and one Section.
- The firm provides each lawyer with a laptop, office phone, and mobile phone.
- Additional technology stipend for home office setup.
- Firm discounts with providers such as Verizon, Sprint, Microsoft and Dell.
- In-house Travel Department to assist with business travel arrangements.
- The attorney lounge (for NY office) is a quiet zone for lawyers to relax with a variety of casual seating options, including massage chairs!
- Coverage of lawyer registration fees (payable every two years).
- Reimbursement for bar review course fees and application fees for the New York State Bar. Lateral associates are expected to be admitted to practice in New York or to have taken the Bar Exam, NYLE and MPRE prior to commencing work.
- Student loan refinancing program offered through a partnering bank.
- Other social events.