Cahill's London office is operated by, and its lawyers provide legal services through, Cahill Gordon & Reindel (UK) LLP. Cahill Gordon & Reindel (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership organised under the laws of the State of Delaware, USA, which laws limit the personal liability of the firm's partners. A list of the firm's partners is open to inspection at its principal place of business, 24 Monument Street, London EC3R 8AJ, and such partners include a registered foreign lawyer.
The firm is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA No. 617776). The SRA Standards and Regulations, which include the SRA Principles and other requirements for firms and individuals involved in the provision of legal services, can be found at: https://www.sra.org.uk/solicitors/standards-regulations/.
Our VAT registration number is 752039934.
Our insurer is Lloyd's of London, whose address is One Lime Street, London EC3M 7HA. The insurance extends to acts or omissions wherever in the world they occur. The policy number is: B0572MR191047.
Our Complaints Policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint about our service, please contact us with the details. We have eight weeks to consider your complaint and will do so fairly, promptly and free of charge. If we have not resolved it within this time you may complain to the Legal Ombudsman for England and Wales.
Our policy for dealing with such complaints is as follows:
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to Richard Kelly, who will review your matter file and speak to the member(s) of staff who acted for you.
- Richard Kelly will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. He will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within three days of the meeting, Richard Kelly will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Richard Kelly will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for someone unconnected with the matter at the firm to review the decision. In the event that your complaint relates to Richard Kelly, Anthony Tama will deal with your complaint in the manner set out above.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman about your complaint. The Legal Ombudsman can be reached at:
PO Box 6806
Tel: 0300 555 0333
Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint and within six years of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring (or if outside of this period, within three years of when you should reasonably have been aware of it). For further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman or visit: https://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/.
If you have a complaint about a breach of the SRA Principles by the firm or a member of staff, you can contact the SRA directly as follows:
Solicitors Regulation Authority
199 Wharfside Street
Birmingham B1 1RN
Tel: 0370 606 2555
For further information, you should contact the SRA or visit: https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems/report-solicitor/.
For more detailed information about our complaints policy, please contact Richard Kelly.
Please read our privacy/cookies policy.