David L. Barash
Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
32 Old Slip
New York, NY 10005
- University of Michigan, B.A., 2004
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., 2007, cum laude
- New York
David L. Barash is a member of Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP's corporate practice group.
David's practice primarily focuses on advising leading investment banks, institutional investments funds, commercial banks and corporations in public and private financing transactions, including debt and equity offerings, mezzanine financings, unitranche financings and leveraged bank financings. He has represented the financing sources in a number of acquisitions, including the acquisition of Kindred Healthcare by TPG, the acquisition of U.S. Renal Care by Bain Capital, the acquisition of Tim Horton’s by Burger King, the acquisition of Jos. A. Bank by Men’s Wearhouse, the acquisition of Dell by Michael Dell and Silver Lake Management LLC and the acquisition of Team Health by Blackstone.
David advises on the high-yield bond and leverage loan sides of both large-cap and middle market acquisition financings and refinancings, and has practiced in a variety of industries such as telecommunications, retail, healthcare, technology, transportation, financial services, industrials and real estate.
He is recognized as a notable practitioner in debt and equity capital markets by Euromoney's IFLR 1000: The Guide to the World's Leading Financial Law Firms.
- Regular representation of private debt funds in connection with leveraged buyouts and private investments.
- Represented lead arrangers in $3.895 billion in acquisition financings for Kindred Healthcare Inc.
- Represented the lead arrangers in connection with a $825,000,000 Term B credit facility and $225,000,000 of asset based revolving facilities for AHP Health Partners, Inc. and certain of its subsidiaries.
- Represented lead arrangers in $2.15 billion of credit facilities to finance the acquisition of Blackhawk Network Holdings by Silver Lake and P2 Capital Partners.
- Represented the lead arrangers in $1.91 billion in credit facilities for Mavis Tire Express Services Corp. to finance the acquisition of Mavis Tire by Express Oil Change and Tire Engineers.
- Represented the lead arrangers in connection with $3.175 billion in credit facilities for the $6.1 billion acquisition of Team Health Holdings Inc. by funds affiliated with private equity firm Blackstone.
- Represented lead arrangers in connection with the a Rule 144A offering of $500,000,000 aggregate principal amount of 6.750% Senior Notes due 2025 by Tempo Acquisition, LLC used for the acquisition of Aon plc’s technology-enabled benefits & cloud-based human resource services platform by funds affiliated with private equity firm Blackstone
- Represented the financing sources in nearly $50 billion of new debt financing that backed the landmark acquisition of EMC Corporation by Dell Inc., in a transaction valued at approximately $67 billion.