Cahill Gordon & Reindel (UK) LLP
20 Fenchurch Street
London EC3M 3BY
- University College London, L.L.B., 2014
- University of Law, L.P.C., 2015
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
Cahill Gordon & Reindel (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership organized under the laws of the State of Delaware USA and is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA 617776).
Marcus Chaplin is an associate in Cahill’s Capital Markets & Lending group and is based in London. He has broad experience advising on a range of financings including fund financings, general lending and restructurings but specializes in advising on domestic and international leveraged and investment grade acquisition financings. Marcus’ practice centers on the European loans market but he regularly advises on cross-border New York law financings.
Marcus has a particular focus on diversity and inclusion and is an active member of the firm’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee and LGBTQ&A Affinity Group. Marcus also leads on the training and development of junior attorneys within the London office, and, having coordinated European Youth Parliament United Kingdom’s outreach program for a number of years, supports students from disadvantaged backgrounds in pursuing higher education and professional careers.
Marcus’ representations prior to joining Cahill include advising on the following matters:
- The lead arrangers on the refinancing and repricing of the facilities provided to Partners Group’s portfolio company, Techem, an energy service provider for the real estate sector.
- The lead arrangers on financings for Hellman & Friedman’s portfolio company, Nets A/S, the Danish payments systems provider.
- The lead arrangers on the senior term loan financing and high yield financing for KKR's acquisition of Unilever's baking, cooking and spreads business, the Flora Food Group.
- The mandated lead arrangers in relation to the refinancing of KKR’s portfolio company, Hilding Anders.
- The lenders providing the financing for Accel-KKR’s portfolio company, Kerridge Commercial Systems.
- The mandated lead arrangers in relation to bolt on acquisitions for Partners Group’s portfolio company, Cerba HealthCare.
- The arranger providing the financing for Compagnie Financière Richemont SA (Richemont) in relation to an EUR2.6 billion voluntary public tender offer to acquire all ordinary shares of Yoox Net-A-Porter Group.
- The mandated lead arrangers in relation to the financing for Helios Investment Partners’ portfolio company, Solevo.
- The lenders in relation to a margin loan financing for a Luxembourg company.
- The lenders in relation to the restructuring of an Indonesian business.
- Providence Equity Partners and Galileo Global Education on financings including portfolio company work.
- Providence Equity Partners and its portfolio company Bitė in relation to various financings.