Pierfrancesco S. Benedetti
Cahill Gordon & Reindel (UK) LLP
20 Fenchurch Street
London EC3M 3BY
- Bond University, L.L.B., 2019, First Class Honors
- New York
Cahill Gordon & Reindel (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership organized under the laws of the State of Delaware USA and is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA 617776).
Pierfrancesco S. Benedetti is an associate in the London office of Cahill Gordon & Reindel (UK) LLP where he focuses his practice on corporate finance transactions, with a focus on high yield debt offerings, syndicated loans and liability management transactions.
Pierfrancesco represents leading investment banking firms, commercial banks, private equity firms and corporations in connection with public and private U.S. capital markets transactions, including high yield bond offerings, bank financings, syndicated institutional loans, tender offers and consent solicitations in connection with acquisition financings, leveraged buyouts, going-private transactions, recapitalizations, out-of-court restructurings and other financing transactions.
Selected recent European transactions:
- Univar: assisted the initial purchasers in connection with an $800.0 million senior secured notes offering in connection with Apollo’s acquisition of Univar Solutions, a leading global distributor of commodity and specialty chemicals and ingredients.
- Matalan: assisted Matalan, a leading UK retailer, in connection with its successful recapitalization.
- Belron: assisted the lead arrangers in connection with an $870 million term loan B incremental credit facility for Belron / Carglass, the proceeds of which were used to pay a dividend to shareholders and for general corporate purposes.
- Miller Homes: assisted the initial purchasers in connection with a issuance of a £815.0 million (equivalent) offering of senior secured fixed and floating rate notes to support the acquisition of Miller Homes, a leading U.K. homebuilder, by Apollo Global Management.
- 888/William Hill: assisted the initial purchasers in connection with the offering of senior secured fixed and floating rate notes to support the acquisition by 888 Holdings plc (“888”), one of the world’s leading online betting and gaming companies, of the international (non-US) business of William Hill at an enterprise value of £2.2 billion and a subsequent add-on offering of senior secured fixed and floating rate notes by 888.
- International Game Technology: assisted the dealer managers in connection with International Game Technology’s upsized tender offer to purchase approximately $400.0 million in aggregate principal amount of its outstanding USD notes maturing in 2025 and approximately €200.0 million of its EUR notes maturing in 2024.
Pierfrancesco’s work prior to joining Cahill includes:
- FC Inter: assisted FC Internazionale S.p.A. (“Inter”), one of the leading football teams in Europe and in the world, and its subsidiary Inter Media and Communication S.p.A. (“MediaCo”) in connection with MediaCo’s offering of €415.0 million senior secured notes due 2027, for the purposes of refinancing Inter’s and MediaCo’s existing debt.
- ENEL: assisted the initial purchasers in connection with ENEL’s USD 4.0 billion multi-tranche yankee bond offering.
- Marcolin: assisted Marcolin S.p.A. (“Marcolin”), global leading company in the production of sunglasses and prescription glasses and portfolio company of PAI Partners, in the €350.0 million high-yield bond issuance by Marcolin.
- Public Power Corporation: assisted the initial purchasers in connection with certain sustainability-linked senior notes offerings by Public Power Corporation (“PPC”), the largest electric power company in Greece.
- Mytilineos: assisted the initial purchasers in connection with a €500.0 million senior notes offering by Mytilineos S.A., a Greece-based industrial conglomerate active in the metallurgy, energy and EPC sectors.
- Polynt: assisted the initial purchasers in connection with the high yield offering of €1.3 billion senior secured notes by the Polynt group linked to Black Diamond Capital Management’s acquisition of 50% of the shares of the group.
- Itelyum: assisted the initial purchasers in connection with the offering of €450.0 million in aggregate principal amount by Itelyum, a leading European circular economy player, in connection with its acquisition by Stirling Square Capital Partners.