Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
32 Old Slip
New York, NY 10005
Ross Sturman advises publicly-held and private companies in connection with general corporate and securities law matters, with particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions. He also represents lenders and borrowers in financing transactions, including debt and equity offerings and bank financings, as well as tender offers and consent solicitations.
Recent M&A transaction experience includes advising ICON plc in its acquisition of PRA Health Sciences, Inc., Arch Capital Group in its acquisition of Watford Holdings, 1-800-FLOWERS.COM in its acquisition of PersonalizationMall.com, and Cable One, Inc. in its acquisition or investment in three communications service providers.
Representing issuers on the financing side, Ross recently advised ICON plc in connection with $6 billion of financing for its acquisition of PRA Health Sciences, Inc., Arch Capital Group in connection with public offerings of more than $1 billion and Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. in connection with $2.55 billion term credit facilities to finance Broadridge’s acquisition of Itiviti Holding AB.
Ross also represented the underwriters in the initial public offering for Keane Group and follow-on equity offering for Gray Television, the dealer managers in an exchange offer for Talen Energy Supply and the initial purchasers in a senior secured note offering for Greystar Real Estate Partners, Inc.
Ross has been named an Emerging Leader by The M&A Advisor and a Next Generation Partner by The Legal 500. He currently serves as Co-Chair of Cahill's Business Development Committee.
M&A Transactions: Representation of
- Envigo RMS Holding Corp. in connection with its:
- Acquisition by Inotiv, Inc.
- Sale of its nonclinical contract research services business to LabCorp, and the simultaneous purchase by an Envigo subsidiary of LabCorp’s research products business
- The Empire District Electric Company in connection with its acquisition by a subsidiary of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp.
- 1-800-Flowers in connection with its:
- Sale of Fannie May Confections Brands, Inc.
- Acquisition of Harry & David and the related acquisition financing
- Acquisition of PersonalizationMall.com
- Acquisition of Shari’s Berries Brand
- ICON plc in connection with its:
- Acquisition of Clinical Research Management, Inc.
- Acquisition of Aptiv Solutions, Inc.
- Acquisition of the clinical trial services division of Cross Country Healthcare, Inc., which includes ClinForce, LLC and its subsidiaries, Assent Consulting, Inc. and Metropolitan Research Associates, Inc.
- Acquisition of MolecularMD, a Portland, OR-based molecular diagnostics lab
- Acquisition of PRA Health Sciences, Inc.
- Acquisition of Symphony Clinical Research
- Arch Capital in connection with its acquisition of Watford Holdings
- Cable One. Inc. in its acquisition or investment in three communications service providers
- Dyadic International, Inc. in connection with its sale of substantially all of the assets of its Industrial Technology business to DuPont Industrial Biosciences
- Integro Ltd. in connection with its acquisition by entities affiliated with Odyssey Investment Partners, LLC
- Ascend Health Corporation in connection with its acquisition by Universal Health Services, Inc.
- Shutterstock, Inc. in its acquisition of Pond5
- Springs Industries in connection with its acquisition by private equity firm Golden Gate Capital
- The Shade Store LLC in connection with Great Hill Partners’ investment in the Company