Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
32 Old Slip
New York, NY 10005
Ross Sturman advises publicly-held and private companies in connection with general corporate and securities law matters, with particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions. He also represents lenders and borrowers in financing transactions, including debt and equity offerings and bank financings, as well as tender offers and consent solicitations.
Recent M&A transaction experience includes advising Arch Capital Group in connection with the acquisition of all of the outstanding shares of capital stock of United Guaranty Corporation from AIG, Envigo International Holdings in connection with its transaction agreement with Avista Healthcare Public Acquisition Corp. and 1-800-FLOWERS.COM in the sale of its Fannie May Confections business to Ferrero International.
Representing issuers on the financing side in 2017, Ross advised Arch Capital Group in three equity offerings totaling $985 million and Freedom Mortgage Corporation in connection with a Rule 144A offering of $435 million senior notes.
Ross also represented the underwriters in the initial public offering for Keane Group and follow-on equity offering for Gray Television, the dealer managers in an exchange offer for Talen Energy Supply and the initial purchasers in a senior secured note offering for Greystar Real Estate Partners, Inc.
Ross has been named an Emerging Leader by The M&A Advisor and a Rising Star by The Legal 500.
M&A Transactions: Representation of
- Envigo International Holdings in connection with the sale of its nonclinical contract research services business to LabCorp, and the simultaneous purchase by an Envigo subsidiary of LabCorp’s research products business
- The Empire District Electric Company in connection with its acquisition by a subsidiary of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp.
- 1-800-Flowers in connection with its:
- Sale of Fannie May Confections Brands, Inc.
- Acquisition of Harry & David and the related acquisition financing
- ICON plc in connection with its:
- Acquisition of Clinical Research Management, Inc.
- Acquisition of Aptiv Solutions, Inc.
- Acquisition of the clinical trial services division of Cross Country Healthcare, Inc., which includes ClinForce, LLC and its subsidiaries, Assent Consulting, Inc. and Metropolitan Research Associates, Inc.
- Acquisition of MolecularMD, a Portland, OR-based molecular diagnostics lab
- Dyadic International, Inc. in connection with its sale of substantially all of the assets of its Industrial Technology business to DuPont Industrial Biosciences
- Integro Ltd. in connection with its acquisition by entities affiliated with Odyssey Investment Partners, LLC
- Ascend Health Corporation in connection with its acquisition by Universal Health Services, Inc.
- Springs Industries in connection with its acquisition by private equity firm Golden Gate Capital
- The Shade Store LLC in connection with Great Hill Partners’ investment in the Company