Sheila C. Ramesh
Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
32 Old Slip
New York, NY 10005
Sheila Ramesh is a member of Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP's litigation practice group. She serves as chair of the firm’s Legal Recruiting Committee.
Sheila’s practice focuses on the defense of complex securities and commercial matters. She represents leading financial institutions and global corporations in high-stakes litigation matters, including issues relating to benchmark rates, securities, and other complex financial products and commercial disputes. She has also led internal investigations and responded to government inquiries arising from alleged violations of banking, antitrust, and securities laws, as well as other laws and regulations.
Sheila was named as a Rising Star by Law360 – one of six securities litigators in the country under 40 to receive that recognition. Sheila is also named among the 2021 Notable Women in Law by Crain’s New York Business and identified as a Next Generation Partner by The Legal 500. Benchmark Litigation has recognized Sheila as a Future Star and included her on its 40 & Under Hot List.
- Won dismissal of Credit Suisse in putative class action litigation alleging antitrust claims relating to sub-sovereign, supra-sovereign and agency bonds.
- Won dismissal of Credit Suisse in putative securities class action litigation relating to exchange traded notes.
- Obtained favorable ruling on class certification in a purported class action relating to foreign exchange trading.
- Won dismissal, affirmed on appeal, of multi-billion dollar suit against Deutsche Bank in connection with foreign exchange transactions.
- Won dismissal of all claims against Deutsche Bank in connection with prime brokerage margining methodology.
- Won dismissal, affirmed on appeal, of all claims against Credit Suisse relating to structuring of collateralized debt obligations.
- Won dismissal of ERISA claims against Credit Suisse in connection with the foreign exchange market.
- Won dismissal of antitrust claims against Time Warner Cable.
- Representation of Deutsche Bank in $300 million multijurisdictional commercial litigation.
- Representation of Credit Suisse in multiple putative class action litigations alleging antitrust claims relating to benchmark rates, including foreign exchange, ISDAFix, and Bank Bill Swap Reference Rate.
- Representation of Credit Suisse in putative class action litigation relating to odd-lot corporate bonds.
- Representation of leading financial institution in SEC, NYAG, and FINRA investigations concerning electronic trading and dark pools.
- Representation of Credit Suisse in putative class action litigation relating to purported conspiracy to fix prices in the market for lending stocks.
- Representation of Credit Suisse in putative class action litigation relating to purported conspiracy to prevent the development of exchange trading for interest rate swaps.
- Representation of a leading financial institution in putative class action litigation relating to claims of price fixing in the market for credit default swaps.
- Representation of Credit Suisse in litigation involving management of collateralized debt obligations.