William J. Miller
Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
32 Old Slip
New York, NY 10005
Bill Miller represents leading investment banking firms, commercial banks and public and private corporations in leveraged finance transactions.
Bill focuses his practice on leveraged finance transactions involving high yield debt securities, syndicated institutional loans, asset based loans and equity securities. Bill works on both the bank and high yield bond sides of acquisition financings, as well as initial public and follow-on equity offerings.
"Bill is very knowledgeable and deal-savvy, and gives great practical advice." – Chambers USA
Bill has represented the financing sources in a number of recent transactions including notes offerings and IPO for Albertsons, Eldorado’s acquisition of Caesars, Caesars’ acquisition of William Hill, IPO for Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, and notes offerings for Calpine Corporation, MGM Resorts International, and VEREIT. In 2021, he was named to The National Law Journal’s list of Sports/Gaming/Entertainment Law Trailblazers for his work on the cross-border Eldorado-Caesars transaction and Caesar’s subsequent acquisition of William Hill.
Bill is consistently named among the top lawyers for finance and capital markets transactions by Chambers USA and Chambers Global, where clients note he is “very sharp and commercial,” “technically proficient” and “very efficient and hardworking.” Bill is also recognized in the International Financial Law Review (ILFR1000) and The Legal 500, where Bill is described by clients as having “a wealth of knowledge.”
- Representation of the financing sources in connection with the $16.0 billion take-private of Nielsen Holdings plc by investors led by affiliates of Elliott Investment Management and Brookfield Business Partners.
- Representation of the lead arrangers in $6.05 billion in credit facilities for Pegasus Merger Co. (Tenneco) to finance the acquisition of Tenneco Inc. by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, Inc.
- Representation of the underwriters, initial purchasers and lead arrangers in connection with the secured and unsecured debt financing for The Stars Group Inc. to finance the acquisition of Sky Betting & Gaming.
- Representation of the underwriters in $2 billion public offering of senior notes by HCA Inc.
- Representation of the underwriters in $1.1 billion high yield bond offering for Gaming and Leisure Properties, Inc. to finance the acquisition of certain real estate assets from Tropicana Entertainment Inc. as well as certain real estate assets from Penn National Gaming, Inc.
- Representation of lead underwriters in initial public offerings for Keane Group, HCA, Nielsen Holdings, VWR Corporation, Ryerson, Townsquare Media, Envision Healthcare, Caesars Entertainment Operating Company and Berry Plastics Group, among others.
- Representation of the lead arrangers and initial purchasers in connection with $3 billion of secured and unsecured debt financing for Husky International.
- Representation of the lead arrangers and initial purchasers in connection with $1.115 billion of secured and unsecured debt financing for American Traffic Solutions, Inc. to finance the acquisition of Highway Toll Administration, LLC.
- Representation of the initial purchasers in connection with the issuance of $2.3 billion of high yield notes to finance an acquisition for DAE Funding LLC.
- Representation of J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, Wells Fargo Securities, LLC and SunTrust Robinson Humphrey, Inc. as underwriters in connection with their equity distribution agreement with Lamar Advertising Company.
- Representation of the underwriters in $2.18 billion common stock offering for Equinix, Inc. to finance the acquisition of the colocation services business of Verizon Communications Inc.
- Representation of the underwriters in connection with the issuance of $1.2 billion of high yield notes to finance the acquisition of Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group by the Hertz Corporation.