Geoffrey E. Liebmann
Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
32 Old Slip
New York, NY 10005
- Intellectual Property
- Life Sciences
- Bankruptcy & Restructuring
- Banking & Finance
- Capital Markets
- Private Credit
- M&A and Corporate Advisory
- University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 1986
- Cornell University, B.A., 1983, magna cum laude
- New York
Geoffrey E. Liebmann is a member of Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP's corporate practice group and serves as Chair of Cahill’s Publications Committee.
Geoff's practice is principally focused on securities offerings, leveraged finance and general corporate representation, and his clients include leading investment banks, investment funds, commercial banks, borrowers and issuers. Geoff's corporate finance experience includes public and private high-yield bond offerings, mezzanine debt financings, secured lending transactions, IPOs, PIPES and follow-on equity offerings.
In his general corporate practice, Geoff has extensive experience in the areas of ongoing SEC reporting and disclosure obligations, Sarbanes-Oxley and other compliance programs, NASDAQ listing requirements and delisting procedures, employee equity incentives, corporate governance, strategic planning and related matters. In particular, he has over 20 years of experience practicing in the life sciences industry handling a wide range of transactions, including private and public financings, royalty-based financings, intellectual property licensing, research and development collaborations, commercialization agreements, asset sales and acquisitions.
- Represented the underwriters in over $447 million of various American Depositary Shares offerings for Amarin Corporation plc.
- Represented the underwriters in a $353.97 million Initial Public Offering for Ardagh Group S.A.
- Represented Morgan Stanley and the other initial purchasers in a $330 million offering of senior notes of The Hillman Group, Inc., a retail distributor of fasteners, key duplicating systems and other hardware products, in connection with its acquisition by CCMP Capital.
- Represented TD Securities as lead arranger for a $225 million senior secured term loan facility of Athabasca Oil Corporation, a Canadian energy company with a portfolio of thermal and light oil assets.
- Represented HealthCare Royalty Partners in providing $70 million of financing to Raptor Pharmaceutical Corp., an emerging biopharmaceutical company, including a private placement of convertible notes and additional funding under an amended and restated loan agreement.
- Represented Morgan Stanley and the other underwriters in a $120 million offering of American Depositary Receipts representing cumulative redeemable perpetual preferred stock of Navios Maritime Holdings, a Marshall Islands seaborne shipping and logistics company.
- Represented the initial purchasers in connection with a $500 million offering of senior notes of Hecla Mining Company, a U.S. precious metals mining company, in connection with its acquisition of Aurizon Mines Ltd., a Canadian gold producer.
- Represented Deutsche Bank Securities and the other underwriters in a $220 million offering of convertible senior notes of VIVUS, Inc., a pharmaceutical company focused on treatments for obesity and erectile dysfunction.
- Represented Stifel Nicolaus Weisel and the other underwriters in the $43.4 million IPO of NewLink Genetics Corporation, a biopharmaceutical company focused on treatments for cancer.
- Represented XOMA Ltd. (now XOMA Corporation), a NASDAQ-traded biopharmaceutical company, in its change of jurisdiction of incorporation from Bermuda to Delaware.
- Represented XOMA Ireland Limited in its acquisition of U.S. commercialization rights to products containing perindopril from Les Laboratoires Servier, a privately-held French pharmaceutical company.
Geoff has practiced at Cahill since his graduation from the University of Chicago Law School. He became partner in 1995.