Helena S. Franceschi
Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
32 Old Slip
New York, NY 10005
- Antitrust Litigation
- Broker-Dealer – Regulatory & Litigation
- Securities Litigation
- White Collar Defense & Investigations
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2010, cum laude; Executive Editor, Journal of Constitutional Law
- Johns Hopkins University, B.A., 2007, Phi Beta Kappa
- Honorable Ellen L. Hollander, Maryland Court of Special Appeals, August 2010
- Honorable Ellen L. Hollander, U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, January 2011
- New York
Helena Franceschi represents leading financial institutions, including commercial and investment banks, broker/dealers and asset managers in connection with regulatory investigations, examinations, enforcement actions, and litigation.
Helena regularly represents clients in connection with investigations and examinations conducted by the Department of Justice, SEC, CFTC, state attorneys general, self-regulatory organizations and foreign regulators.
Helena’s matters are frequently cross-border in nature due to the sophistication and global reach of her clients. She routinely handles matters relating to competition and market manipulation issues with respect to investment banking and global markets, including both exchange-traded and over the counter products.
Helena was named a 2022 Notable Woman in Law by Crain’s New York Business. Helena has been named to Benchmark Litigation’s 40 & Under Hot List since 2020 and as a Litigation Rising Star finalist for the 2020 Women in Business Law Awards. In 2022, Helena was a part of the Cahill trial team that earned recognition as Litigators of the Week by The American Lawyer following their precedent-setting win defending Credit Suisse in a foreign exchange markets class action following an eight-day jury trial in the SDNY.
Helena currently serves as co-head of Cahill’s Summer Associate Program, as well as on the Women’s Initiatives and Green and Wellness Committees.