Jonathan D. Thier
Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
32 Old Slip
New York, NY 10005
- Communications Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Governance & Investigations
- First Amendment & Media Litigation
- Washington University in St. Louis, B.A., 1980, magna cum laude
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 1983, cum laude, Commentary Editor, Fordham Law Review
- New York
Jonathan D. Thier is a member of Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP's litigation practice group.
Jon's practice is extremely varied, with a long track record of success in commercial litigation, securities and consumer class actions and contract and partnership disputes. Jon handles trials, appeals and commercial arbitrations (and other forms of ADR), investigations and related proceedings throughout the United States.
He is currently representing the second largest U.S. cable television company, a major Internet retailer, a global financial services firm, leading real estate developers, and corporate officers, directors and other individuals in a variety of matters.
- Lead counsel for a major Internet retailer in a purported nationwide consumer class action challenging the retailer's product return and refund policies and disclosures.
- Lead counsel for a global financial services firm at a six-week trial of a breach of contract action before an arbitration panel.
- Lead counsel to the former directors of a multinational computer products company in insolvency proceedings in New York, Paris, Amsterdam and the Bahamas.
- Representation of a major broker-dealer in the In Re Mutual Funds Investments MDL proceedings.
- Lead counsel for a private family partnership in a series of related New York litigations regarding the ownership and control of a $5 billion portfolio of residential/commercial real estate and a thrift institution.
- Lead counsel for the Special Litigation Committee of the Board of Directors for a major clothing retailer in connection with certain derivative suits.