Joshua M. Zelig
Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
32 Old Slip
New York, NY 10005
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 2003, cum laude
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., 2006, cum laude, Notes & Comments Editor, Brooklyn Journal of International Law
- New York
Joshua M. Zelig is a member of Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP's corporate practice group.
Josh’s practice is principally focused on representing leading commercial and investment banks in leveraged finance and asset-based lending transactions, including bank financings and leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, bridge lending and loan commitments and debt and equity offerings. He represented the financing sources in numerous acquisition-related financings, including the acquisitions of Arris International by Commscope, Inc., Alight Solutions, Team Health and Gates Global by Blackstone, an investment in JDA Software by Blackstone, the acquisition of EMC by Dell and the purchase of Signode by Crown Holdings.
Josh has represented the initial purchasers in several recent high yield debt offerings for Dell Technologies, AMC Entertainment, VMWare, PBF Energy and HCA. He has also represented the underwriters in the initial public offerings for HCA, Townsquare Media, PBF Logistics, and PBF Energy.
Josh has experience practicing in a variety of industries including healthcare, financial services, media and communications, retail and food services, energy, and technology.
Josh is recommended as a leading finance lawyer by the IFLR1000 and The Legal 500.
- Represented the financing sources in nearly $50 billion of new debt financing that backed the landmark acquisition of EMC Corporation by Dell Inc., in a transaction valued at approximately $67 billion.
- Represented the lead arrangers in connection with $2.0 billion in credit facilities for the acquisition of Signode Industrial Group by Crown Holdings.
- Represent the lead arrangers in connection with $1.265 billion of credit facilities to finance the acquisition of KMG Chemicals, Inc. by Cabot Microelectronics Corporation.
- Represented the lead arrangers in connection with a $1,000,000,000 asset based revolving facility for Commscope, Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Arris International
- Represented lead arrangers in connection with the offering of $500,000,000 aggregate principal amount of Senior Notes used for the acquisition of Aon plc’s technology-enabled benefits & cloud-based human resource services platform by funds affiliated with private equity firm Blackstone.
- Represented the lead arrangers in connection with $3.175 billion in credit facilities for the acquisition of Team Health Holdings, Inc., by funds affiliated with private equity firm Blackstone.
- Represented the lead arrangers in connection with $1.375 billion in credit facilities for the investment in JDA Software by funds affiliated with private equity firm Blackstone.
- Represented the lead arrangers in connection a $1.0 billion revolving credit facility and $4.0 billion of senior notes for VMWare, Inc.
- Represented the lead arrangers in connection with a $695,000,000 Term B credit facility and $145,000,000 of asset based revolving facilities for The Hillman Group, Inc. and certain of its subsidiaries.
- Represented the lead arrangers in connection with a $125,000,000 asset based revolving facility for International Textile Group, Inc., a Platinum Equity portfolio company.
- Regular representation of private debt funds in connection with leveraged buyouts and private investments.