Michael J. Ohler is a member of Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP's corporate practice group and has been a partner since 2006.
Michael represents investment banking firms, commercial banks and corporations in a variety of transactions, including high-yield and investment grade securities offerings, bank financings, initial public offerings, tender and exchange offers and mergers and acquisitions transactions.
He has practiced in numerous industries, including industrial and manufacturing, chemicals, healthcare, technology, broadcasting, satellite, oil and gas and professional services. Michael is recognized as a leading finance lawyer by The Legal 500.
- Representation of the initial purchasers in the $2.75 billion offering of secured and unsecured notes by Everest Acquisition to fund the acquisition of EP Energy Corporation.
- Representation of the arrangers in connection with the $4.5 billion multicurrency credit facility for Telesat Canada.
- Representation of the initial purchasers and underwriters in a series of securities offerings by MGM Resorts aggregating approximately $7 billion.
- Representation of the arrangers in connection with the $3.9 billion credit facility for Ashland Inc.
- Representation of the initial purchasers and underwriters in a series of securities offerings by Tenneco Inc. over a period of ten years.
- Representation of the arrangers in connection with the $3.75 billion credit facility for Intelsat.
- Representation of Koppers, Inc. in connection with its $140 million initial public offering, $203 million senior discount notes and $320 million senior secured notes.