Ten practice areas and twenty-four partners recommended by Chambers USA 2009
Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers For Business (2009) recommends Cahill as a leading law firm in ten areas of practice, including top rankings in Insurance: Dispute Resolution: Insurer and Media & Entertainment: Media Litigation in New York.
Other rankings include:
- Ranked 2 in Banking & Finance - New York
- Ranked 3 in Banking & Finance - National
- Ranked 3 in Capital Markets: Debt & Equity - National
- Ranked 3 in Environment: Mainly Transactional - New York
- Ranked 3 in Litigation: General Commercial: The Elite - New York
- Ranked 3 in Litigation: Securities - New York
- Ranked 4 in Antitrust - New York
- Ranked 4 in Tax - New York
Twenty-four Cahill partners (listed below) were named leaders in their field(s).
The Chambers USA Guide conducts research utilizing a methodology approved by the British Market Research Bureau. In depth interviews with clients and lawyers are completed via phone. For the 2009 USA guide, over 10,000 interviews were conducted covering the United States by a team of 40 full time researchers over an 8-month period.