Anirudh Bansal Participates in Panel Discussion at PLI’s FCPA and International Anti-Corruption Developments Seminar
Monday, April 24, 2017 1:15 PM to 2:15 PM
On Monday, April 24th, Anirudh Bansal participated in a panel discussion at the Practising Law Institute’s 2017 Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and International Anti-Corruption Developments seminar.
The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”) is at the top of most companies’ key risk areas. DOJ and SEC resources devoted to it remain at an all-time high. Recent FCPA and bribery enforcement actions demonstrate that no industry is immune from scrutiny and this past year has seen record settlements. Beyond the FCPA, more countries and international organizations, are ramping up anti-corruption enforcement and adding to the complexity of legal compliance. This program, taught by a faculty of leading practitioners, in-house counsel, and government officials, gives you the background and tools needed to spot the issues early, develop workable risk management processes, plan and manage internal investigations, and implement effective compliance programs.
What You Will Learn
• The latest legal developments, and how they will affect you
• Enforcement trends: DOJ Pilot Program and Yates after one year, evolving theories of liability and jurisdiction, targeted industries, and international anti-corruption developments
• Board and management responsibilities for anti-corruption programs and investigations
• Practical tips and best practices for in-house counsel in dealing with critical FCPA issues
• How to manage risk in various third-party relationships, corporate acquisitions, and joint venture relationships
• How to get the most from your anti-corruption compliance program and take it to the next level
• Ethical issues confronting outside and in-house counsel
CLE and Registration
CLE credit is offered to those who register. Visit the PLI website for registration details.
PLI New York Center
1177 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036