Intellectual Property Litigation
Cahill’s IP litigators work tirelessly to protect and defend our clients’ IP interests – often representing their most valuable intangible assets. Leveraging our leading antitrust litigation, commercial litigation and compliance practices, among others, our team has the experience and knowledge to handle any matter with IP implications, including:
- Patent litigation in district courts across the country, including the District of Delaware, the District of New Jersey, the Southern District of New York, the Western District of Texas, the Eastern District of Texas and the Central and Northern Districts of California
- Litigation in appellate courts, including the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals
- Challenging and defending key patents through inter partes review and post-grant proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB)
- Proceedings before the International Trade Commission (ITC)
- Patent prosecution, counseling and IP due diligence
- Trademark enforcement, prosecution, counseling and IP due diligence
- Trademark, copyright, trade secret and false advertising litigation
- Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) proceedings
Our lawyers handle matters across a diverse range of industries, including life sciences and biotech, medical devices, telecommunications, semiconductors, computer systems and software, consumer products, oil and gas, cosmetics, and food and beverage.
Complementing our IP litigation practice, the Cahill team has extensive experience with respect to patent and other intangible assets that are often components in mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, public and private offerings of debt and equity securities, joint ventures, product acquisitions, licensing, co-development and co-promotion agreements. For more information on our transactional practice, please click here.