Cahill represents buyers, sellers, Boards of Directors and Committees (including special, audit, compensation, governance and others), as well as directors and officers, in connection with mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, spin-offs and other significant strategic transactions.
Our client base in the M&A area is diversified, including public and private companies across a variety of industries. We have advised public companies including Coca Cola Enterprises, Foresight Energy, Lorillard, 1-800-Flowers, ICON plc, Arch Capital Group and JP Morgan and private companies including Ironshore, Colt Defense and Integro in significant mergers, acquisitions and other strategic situations.
We understand how important it is for companies involved in mergers, acquisitions and other strategic transactions, often worth billions to the participants, to move efficiently towards closing with a minimum of surprise or delay. Our corporate partners provide hands-on leadership in all aspects of M&A and other strategic transactions, often utilizing attorneys from our Tax, Antitrust, Real Estate, Environmental, Intellectual Property and Executive Compensation & Employee Benefits practices, who in turn have M&A experience within their own disciplines. Cahill's M&A practice has been ranked as a Tier 1 middle market practice by The Legal 500 United States since 2009.
- Represented NBC Universal in its acquisition of the exclusive broadcast rights to the Olympic Games through 2032
- Represented 1-800-Flowers.com in its acquisition of Harry & David
- Represented Coca-Cola Enterprises Inc. in its merger with Coca-Cola Iberian Partners SA and Coca-Cola Erfrischungsgetränke AG to form Coca-Cola European Partners Plc
- Represented ICON plc in its acquisition of MediMedia Pharma Solutions
- Represented Lorillard in its acquisition of all of the assets of blu eCigs
- Represented SP Newsprint in obtaining approval of the sale of its assets under section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code to an entity owned by SP Newsprint’s pre-petition lenders and negotiating a settlement with such lenders and the official creditors’ committee embodied in the Court Order approving the sale
- Represented Ascend Health Corporation in its acquisition by Universal Health Services