Mergers & Acquisitions
Cahill advises public and private companies, boards, special committees and private equity firms across a variety of industries in connection with mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, spin-offs and other significant strategic transactions. We also advise clients on related aspects of M&A, including acquisition finance and governance, disclosure and compliance matters.
Drawing upon the expertise of our lawyers from different practice groups, including antitrust, executive compensation and employee benefits, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), intellectual property and tax, Cahill is able to provide clients with comprehensive advice and seamless execution.
Cahill has been ranked as a Tier 1 middle-market (sub $500M) practice by The Legal 500 United States since 2009, and was named "Law Firm of the Year” by The Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) New York and The M&A Advisor in 2018.
Examples of sell-side representations include:
- 1-800-FLOWERS in sale of Fannie May Confections Brands, Inc. to Ferrero International.
- Our work on this deal was named "Deal of the Year - Consumer/Retail" in 2018 by ACG New York and The M&A Advisor.
- Coca-Cola Enterprises in connection with its transaction to combine with Coca-Cola Iberian Partners SA and Coca-Cola Erfrischungsgetränke AG to form Coca-Cola European Partners plc, the world’s largest independent Coca-Cola bottler.
- Our work on this deal was named the M&A “Deal of the Year” in 2016 by The American Lawyer.
- Dyadic International in asset sale to DuPont.
- The Empire District Electric Company in sale to a US subsidiary of Algonquin Power & Utilities.
- Envigo in its transaction agreement with Avista Healthcare Public Acquisition Corp. (a SPAC).
- Integro Ltd. in sale to affiliates of Odyssey Partners.
- MedAvante in sale to WIRB-Copernicus Group.
- Tembec Inc. in sale to Rayonier Advanced Materials.
- Our work on this deal was named "Deal of the Year - Cross Border" and "Deal of the Year - Manufacturing/Industrials" in 2018 by ACG New York and The M&A Advisor.
Examples of buy-side representations include:
- 1-800-FLOWERS in acquisition of Harry & David.
- Arch Capital Group Ltd. in its acquisition of United Guaranty Corp and Ariel Reinsurance Company Ltd.’s Credit & Surety Reinsurance Portfolio. We also recently represented Arch in its initial capitalization of Premia Holdings, a newly-formed property & casualty reinsurance group focused on providing runoff solutions.
- BPA Laboratories in acquisition of Harlan Laboratories.
- ICON plc, an Irish plc and a global provider of drug development solutions and services, as a general outside counsel for years and have assisted in its acquisitions of Clinical Research Management, PMG Research, Aptiv Solutions, ClinForce and Akos, PriceSpective, and Healthcare Discoveries, among others.
- Integro Ltd. in multiple acquisitions (e.g., Parks Insurance, Insurance Revolution, Lemme Insurance, and Clearview).
- J.P. Morgan Asset Management and its global alternative asset manager Highbridge Capital Management in its acquisition of a majority stake in Gávea Investimentos, an asset management company in Brazil with approximately $6 billion in assets under management.