Cahill Gordon & Reindel (UK) LLP
20 Fenchurch Street
London EC3M 3BY
- The University of Law, LPC, 2015
- The University of Law, GDL, 2014
- The University of Durham, B.A., 2013
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
Cahill Gordon & Reindel (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership organized under the laws of the State of Delaware USA and is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA 617776).
Alexander Bond is an associate in Cahill’s corporate practice in London. He has a broad range of experience advising financial institutions on European and cross-border leveraged finance transactions. Alex also has experience on a range of other financing transactions, including investment grade financings, corporate lending transactions, bridge financings, pre-IPO financings and restructurings.
He completed a secondment in the Loan Negotiation Group at Goldman Sachs in 2023, where he worked on a number of market leading leveraged finance and other financing transactions.
Selected recent European transactions:
- Imerys SA: The lead arrangers in connection with the credit facilities provided to support the acquisition by Platinum Equity of Imerys SA’s High Temperature Solutions business.
- IVI-RMA: The lead arrangers in connection with the senior secured term loan facility and revolving credit facility in support of KKR’s acquisition of IVI-RMA, a global fertility treatment group and subsequently the lenders and the mandated lead arrangers in the pivoting of the syndicated financing to a privately placed financing.
- 888 Holdings plc: The lead arrangers in connection with the financing to support the acquisition by 888 Holdings plc, one of the world’s leading online betting and gaming companies, of the international (non-US) business of William Hill.
- Anticimex:The lead arrangers in connection with the SEK16 billion EUR/USD/AUD equivalent first lien term loan and SEK3 billion revolving credit facilities to support the acquisition by EQT of Anticimex International AB, a global pest control company headquartered in Sweden.
- Miller Homes:The lead arrangers in connection with an issuance of a £815 million equivalent offering of senior secured fixed and floating rate notes and a £180 million super senior revolving credit facility to support the acquisition of Miller Homes, a leading U.K. homebuilder, by Apollo Global Management.
- Infront:The lenders in connection with the unitranche and super-senior revolving credit facilities provided to the Infront Group, a leading global sports events, media and marketing platform headquartered in Switzerland.
- Marlink:The lead arrangers in connection with the USD815 million financing to support the acquisition by Providence Equity Partners of Marlink, leading provider of smart network solution.
- Cerdia: The initial purchasers in connection with an offering of senior secured notes by Cerdia Finanz GMBH, a portfolio company owned by Blackstone, representing the company’s debut high yield issuance.
Selected recent cross-border transactions:
- GW Pharmaceuticals:The lead arrangers in connection with the credit facilities provided to support the acquisition by Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc of GW Pharmaceuticals plc, a UK pharmaceuticals business.
- Viasat: the lead arrangers and administrative agents in connection with a $733,400,000 unsecured bridge credit facility and $616,700,000 term loan B facility for Viasat, Inc. Proceeds from the credit facilities were used to finance Viasat’s acquisition of Inmarsat and for general corporate purposes.
- ICU Medical: the lead arrangers in connection with an $850,000,000 term A credit facility, an $850,000,000 term B credit facility and a $500,000,000 revolving credit facility for ICU Medical, Inc. Proceeds from the credit facility were used for the acquisition of the Smiths Medical business from Smiths Group plc, as well as for general corporate purposes and refinancing of existing indebtedness. ICU Medical develops, manufactures and sells medical technologies used in vascular therapy, oncology and critical care applications.
Experience and highlights prior to joining Cahill include advising:
- The arrangers and underwriters supporting the public to private acquisition by a consortium, including Bain Capital, for Ahlstrom-Munksjö Oyj, a global company that provides sustainable and innovative fiber solutions.
- The arrangers and underwriters on the first lien financing for the public to private acquisition by Hellman & Friedman of Nets A/S, a Danish payment systems provider