Douglas S. Horowitz
Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
32 Old Slip
New York, NY 10005
Douglas S. Horowitz is a partner in Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP's corporate practice group.
Doug represents leading investment banking firms, commercial banks and public and private corporations with a focus on financing transactions involving both new issuance of secured and unsecured high-yield debt securities, equity and equity-linked securities, syndicated institutional loans and asset based loans as well as out-of-court restructurings. He has represented the financing sources in a number of significant acquisitions, including the $67 billion purchase by Dell of EMC, the $19 billion purchase by Western Digital of SanDisk, the $4 billion plus acquisition of TV and radio assets from Cox Communications by Apollo, the acquisition of MetroPCS by T-Mobile and several of the landmark acquisitions of the LBO boom, including hospital-operator HCA, SunGard Data Systems, VNU / Nielsen, ARAMARK, U.S. Foodservice, Biomet, Avaya and TXU Corp. He has also represented corporations, leading investment banks and financial advisors in connection with several completed and pending IPOs, debt refinancings and comprehensive out-of-court debt restructurings.
Doug advises on the high-yield bond and bank sides of acquisition financings and refinancings as well as IPOs and other equity financings and has practiced in a variety of industries such as technology, media, telecommunications, industrials, healthcare, gaming, real estate, and natural resources.
Doug has been recognized as a leading finance lawyer by Chambers USA, Chambers Global, The Legal 500 and Euromoney's IFLR 1000: The Guide to the World's Leading Financial Law Firms. In 2020, Law360 named him as a 2020 MVP in Capital Markets. In 2015, Doug was named a rising star by The New York Law Journal, and in 2010, he was recognized as one of Law 360's ten "Rising Legal Stars under 40" in the area of corporate finance.
Doug became a partner in 2007.
- Representation of J.P. Morgan and other financial institutions in connection with the debut high yield bond offering for Twitter.
- Representation of the initial purchasers in connection with an early COVID-era high yield financing for AMC Entertainment and representation of the dealer manager in connection with a subsequent debt-for-debt exchange.
- Representation of the various underwriters for numerous investment grade debt securities offerings by technology companies like Dell Technologies, Xerox Corporation, Jabil and VMware.
- Representation of J.P. Morgan and other investment banks in connection with USD and Euro high yield bonds, credit facilities and common stock offerings for Catalent Pharmaceuticals.
- Representation of several commercial banks in providing a $3.75 billion asset-based loan to HCA, Inc.
- Representation of J.P. Morgan, Morgan Stanley and the other underwriters in connection with Nielsen Holdings N.V., (NYSE: NLSN) approximately $1.9 billion initial public offering and subsequent $9.8 billion secondary offerings.
- Representation of J.P. Morgan and other investment banks as dealer managers in connection with a debt-for-debt exchange offer in connection with Match.com's spin-off from IAC/Interactive and several subsequent high yield offerings for Match Group.
- Representation of J.P. Morgan and several other financial institutions in connection with arranging secured credit facilities and high yield debt securities for Acrisure, a leading insurance broker in the US.
- Representation of J.P. Morgan, Citigroup and other investment banks in the landmark $6.6 billion high-yield offering, $1.5 billion credit facility, $1.75 billion mandatory convertible preferred stock and $750 million of common stock for Frontier Communications in connection with its purchase of assets from Verizon. Also represented J.P. Morgan and other financial institutions in connection with Frontier's subsequent term loan and over $3 billion of secured bond issuances.
- Representation of J.P. Morgan and other commercial banks in providing secured credit facilities for the acquisition of IMG Worldwide by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment and subsequent nearly $3 billion refinancing.
- Representation of several commercial banks in providing a multi-currency asset-based loan of $1 billion to Ryerson Inc.
- Representation of various investment banks in connection with numerous securities offerings, term loans and reserve-based loans for "upstream" oil and gas companies like EP Energy, QEP and Hilcorp, logistics MLPs like Tesoro Logistics and PBF Logistics and refining companies like PBF Energy.