Cahill Gordon & Reindel (UK) LLP
20 Fenchurch Street
London EC3M 3BY
- London Banking and Capital Markets
- Banking & Finance
- Capital Markets
- M&A and Corporate Advisory
- Private Credit
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., 2006
- Columbia University, M.B.A., 2006
- Columbia University, M.A., 2005
- University of North Dakota, B.A., 1992
- New York
Cahill Gordon & Reindel (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership organized under the laws of the State of Delaware USA and is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA 617776).
Jake Keaveny advises investment banking firms, commercial banks, and public and private corporations in corporate finance transactions, with a focus on high yield debt offerings and syndicated loans.
Jake regularly works on committed financings related to leveraged acquisitions, which have included the acquisitions of Urbaser, Kem One, Primafrio, William Hill's European businesses, Flora Food Group, TDC A/S, Miller Homes, Keepmoat, Center Parcs and Nets A/S. Jake also works on out-of-court debt restructurings, including debt exchanges and tender offers.
Jake has practiced in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, technology, retail, healthcare, industrials and leisure and is consistently recognized as a leading practitioner in the high yield space by Chambers UK, The Legal 500 and IFLR1000. According to clients, Jake is “collaborative and easy to deal with, focuses on getting transactions over the line and has great transactional experience,” (The Legal 500 UK).
“Jake is always available to walk through complex issues and is excellent at keeping you up to speed as the transaction progresses.” – Chambers UK
- Panel member, Leveraged Finance: Market Update and Key Trends, Practising Law Institute, Fifteenth Annual Institute on Securities Regulation in Europe
- Panel member, Restructuring in European High Yield Deals and Case Studies, Association for Financial Markets in Europe (AFME), Eleventh Annual High Yield Conference
Selected recent European transactions:
- Miller Homes: The lead arrangers in connection with a issuance of a £815 million equivalent offering of senior secured fixed and floating rate notes and a £180 million super senior revolving credit facility to support the acquisition of Miller Homes, a leading U.K. homebuilder, by Apollo Global Management.
- Apcoa: The lead arrangers in connection with a €685 million equivalent offering of senior secured fixed and floating rates notes and a €80 million super senior revolving credit facility for Apcoa Parking, a portfolio company of Centerbridge Partners, and Europe’s longest-established parking provider headquartered in Germany.
- 888/William Hill: The lead arrangers in connection with the financing to support the acquisition by 888 Holdings plc, one of the world’s leading online betting and gaming companies, of the international (non-US) business of William Hill at an enterprise value of £2.2 billion.
- Kem One: The lead arrangers in connection with the bridge to bond and super senior revolving credit facilities provided to support the acquisition by Apollo Global Management of the Kem One Group, a leading European chemicals producer headquartered in France.
- Urbaser: The lead arrangers in connection with the €2.455 billion credit facilities to support the acquisition by Platinum Equity of Urbaser S.A.U., a global environmental services provider headquartered in Spain.
- Keepmoat: The lead arrangers in connection with the bridge to bond and super senior revolving credit facilities provided to support the acquisition by Aermont Capital of the Keepmoat Homes, one of the largest UK home builders.
- Cerdia: The initial purchasers in connection with a $600 million senior secured notes offering by Cerdia Finanz GMBH, a leading global manufacturer of filter tow products which is owned by Blackstone.
- Ocado: The initial purchasers in connection with a £500 million senior secured notes offering by U.K. online grocery retailer Ocado Group Plc, a leading provider of online grocery fulfillment solutions.
- eDreams: The initial purchasers in connection with a €375 million senior secured notes offering and a related issuance of common stock raising an additional €75 million by eDreams ODIGEO, a leading online subscription company focused on travel with a presence in 45 countries.
- Antolin: The initial purchasers in a €390 million notes offering by Grupo Antolin-Irausa, S.A.U., a provider of components for vehicle interiors worldwide.
Jake’s representations prior to joining Cahill include:
- The lead arrangers in a multi-tranche exchange offer of EUR2.85 bln (equivalent) aggregate principal amount of Euro and US Dollar senior secured notes as part of a debt restructuring by Altice France SA and its subsidiaries.
- The initial purchasers in connection with a Rule 144A/Reg S offering of EUR575 mln aggregate principal amount of senior secured fixed and floating rate notes due by Empark Aparcamientos y Servicios, a Macquarie portfolio company.
- Perstorp, a PAI Partners portfolio company, in connection with numerous Rule 144A/Reg S senior secured note and second lien note offerings, syndicated term loans and a mezzanine facilities.
- The initial purchasers and financing sources in connection with numerous Rule 144A/Reg S offerings of senior secured notes and a private holdco financing for Center Parcs, including the financing related to the acquisition of CenterParcs by Brookfield.
- The lead arrangers in connection with EUR690 million of first lien, second lien and revolving credit facilities related to the acquisition of Biscuit International by Platinum Equity.
- The initial purchasers in connection with a Rule 144A/Reg S offering of EUR2.1 bln (equivalent) of senior notes and senior subordinated notes by Altice France SA and its subsidiary Ypsos Finance Bis SA.
- The initial purchasers in connection with a Rule 144A/Reg S offering of EUR500 mln of senior notes due 2024 by Intertrust N.V.
- The lead arrangers in connection with the syndicated loan facilities incurred to finance the EUR1.64 bln acquisition by Blackstone of CRH’s European distribution business.
- The initial purchasers in connection to a Rule 144A/Reg S offering of EUR 1.4 bln (equivalent) of Euro and US Dollar senior holdco notes in support of the public bid by Macquarie Infrastructure of TDC A/S, a publicly listed Danish telecommunications company.
- The initial purchasers in connection with the Rule 144 A/Reg S offering of EUR465 mln of senior notes in support of the acquisition of Techem by Partners Group.
- The initial purchasers in connection with the Rule 144 A/Reg S offering by Flora Food Group of USD525 mln of senior notes and EUR685 mln of senior notes in support of the acquisition by KKR.
- The mandated lead arrangers in relation to the EUR2.95 bln of first lien loan facilities in support of the acquisition by Hellman & Friedman LLC of Nets A/S, a publicly listed Danish payment services company.
- The mandated lead arrangers on the EUR 690 mln first lien and EUR167m second lien loan facilities in support of the acquisition by Platinum Equity of the entities comprising the Wyndham Vacation Rentals European business.
- The initial purchasers in connection with the Rule 144A/Reg S offering of GBP250m of senior secured notes by Ocado in its debut high yield offering.
- Creditors in connection with a debt restructuring by Edcon Holdings Ltd., a Bain Capital portfolio company, which included a USD2.2 bln high yield notes exchange.