Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
32 Old Slip
New York, NY 10005
Lauren Rackow is Counsel at Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP. Her practice is focused on a wide range of antitrust matters, advising and representing clients on mergers and acquisitions, complex antitrust litigation, government investigations, financing transactions with the potential for antitrust risk, and antitrust compliance.
Recently, Lauren represented ICON plc in its $12 billion acquisition of PRA Health Sciences, forming one of the world’s leading contract research organizations, PharmaMar in its agreement to exclusively license small cell lung cancer drug lurbinectedin to Jazz Pharmaceuticals Ireland Limited in the United States, Envigo International Holdings in connection with the sale of its nonclinical contract research services business to LabCorp, and the simultaneous purchase by an Envigo subsidiary of LabCorp’s research products business, Tembec Inc. with its acquisition by Rayonier Advanced Materials Inc., Arch Capital Group Ltd. with its acquisition of United Guaranty Corporation, The Empire District Electric Company in an acquisition by Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp., Coca-Cola Enterprises in its merger with Coca-Cola Iberian Partners and Coca-Cola Erfrischungsgetränk, and 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc. in their sale of Fannie May Confections Brands, Inc. and acquisition of specialty retailer Harry & David. Lauren acts as antitrust counsel to the financing sources in many major acquisitions featuring significant debt financings, including some of the largest buyouts completed in U.S. history, and many other significant mergers and acquisitions. On the litigation and investigations side, Lauren has most recently represented Credit Suisse in U.S. litigation relating to the alleged manipulation of the US Dollar and CHF London Inter-Bank Offered Rate.
Lauren is recognized as a Future Leader in The International Who's Who of Competition Lawyers and as a leading lawyer by Chambers USA for antitrust in the New York region. She is also recognized by Best Lawyers in the area of antitrust law.
Lauren writes and speaks frequently on antitrust topics. She serves as Co-Chair of the Health Care and Pharmaceuticals Committee in the American Bar Association Section of Antitrust Law, and serves as a member of the Executive Committee of the New York State Bar Association Antitrust Law Section. Lauren also served as a member of the NY City Bar Association Antitrust and Trade Regulation Committee.
- Representation of ICON plc in its $12 billion acquisition of PRA Health Sciences, forming one of the world’s leading contract research organizations.
- Representation of Arch Capital Group Ltd in its acquisition, along with Warburg Pincus and Kelso, of Watford Holdings, a Bermuda-based reinsurer and insurer, successfully obtaining approvals from antitrust authorities in the US and Europe, among others, for the approximately $700 million transaction.
- Represented PharmaMar, a Spanish biopharmaceutical company focused on oncology, in its agreement to exclusively license small cell lung cancer drug lurbinectedin to Jazz Pharmaceuticals Ireland Limited in the United States
- Represented Tembec in connection with its acquisition by Rayonier Advanced Materials
- Represented 1-800-Flowers.com, Inc. in connection with its sale of Fannie May Confections Brands, Inc.
- Represented Envigo International Holdings in connection with the sale of its nonclinical contract research services business to LabCorp, and the simultaneous purchase by an Envigo subsidiary of LabCorp’s research products business
- Represented Empire District Electric Company in acquisition by Algonquin Power
- Represented Arch Capital Group in its acquisition of leading mortgage insurer United Guaranty Corporation from American International Group, Inc
- Represented Coca-Cola Enterprises in merger with Coco-Cola Iberian partners and Coca-Cola Erfrischungsgetrank
- Represented ICON plc in its acquisition of MediMedia Pharma Solutions
- Represented 1-800-Flowers in acquisition of Harry & David
- Represented ICON in Acquisition of Aptiv Solutions
- Represented Ascend Health in completion of acquisition by Universal Health Services
- Represented Validus in acquisition of IPC Holdings