Susanna M. Suh

Partner

212.701.3686 Phone
212.378.2611 Fax
ssuh@cahill.com

Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
80 Pine Street
New York, NY 10005-1702vCard

Practices

Education

  • Cornell University, B.A., 1991
  • Yale Law School, J.D., 1994
  • Admission

    • New York

Susanna M. Suh has extensive experience representing lenders and borrowers in loan financings, underwriters and issuers in securities offerings and dealer managers and solicitation agents in tender offers, exchange offers and consent solicitations, in leveraged, distressed, high-grade and cross-over credits. Susanna's practice also includes representing companies in the insurance industry in a wide variety of transactional and general corporate work. Susanna is recognized as a leading lawyer in bank lending and debt capital markets by IFLR1000 and The Legal 500. She was honored as a Woman of Distinction by the Girl Scouts of Greater New York in 2017.

Susanna has practiced at Cahill since graduating from Yale Law School, where she was Editor-in-Chief of the Yale Journal of International Law. She became a partner in 2003. Susanna is Co-Chair of the firm's Diversity and Inclusion Committee.

Credit Facilities

  • Representation of PNC Bank in connection with $2.0 billion reserve-based revolving credit facility to CONSOL Energy.
  • Representation of Praxair in connection with various credit facilities since 2004.
  • Representation of UBS in connection with $1.0 billion reserve-based term loan credit facilities to Sheridan Production Partners I, and of Bank of America in connection with $800 million reserve-based term loan credit facilities to Sheridan Production Partners II.
  • Representation of Jefferies in connection with financing commitments to the Advent International to fund the acquisition of CCC Information Services and related first lien and second lien secured credit facilities.
  • Representation of PNC Bank in connection with financing commitments to Maxum Petroleum in connection with the acquisition by Pilot Travel Centers and related $500 million asset-based secured revolving credit facility.
  • Representation of Bank of America in connection with various secured and unsecured credit facilities for CIT Group since 2009.
  • Representation of Morgan Stanley in connection with financing commitments to Virtus Investment Partners to fund the acquisition of RidgeWorth Holdings and related secured credit facilities.
  • Representation of Mizuho in connection with $975 million revolving credit facility to D.R. Horton.


Securities

  • Representation of Bank of America Merrill Lynch in connection with bridge commitments to Hellman & Friedman to fund the acquisition of Hub International and related $950 million notes offering, and of the initial purchasers in subsequent notes offerings by Hub International and by its holding company.
  • Representation of Credit Suisse in connection with financing commitments to GTT Communications to fund the acquisition of Hibernia, and of the initial purchasers in subsequent notes offerings by GTT Communications.
  • Representation of Praxair in connection with securities offerings since 2006.
  • Representation of UBS in providing $2.2 billion bridge commitments to International Paper in connection with the acquisition (initially hostile) of Temple-Inland, and of the underwriters in various notes offerings and arrangers in credit facilities for International Paper since 2008.
  • Representation of Bank of America Merrill Lynch in $16 billion exchange offer and consent solicitation by CIT Group (named “2012 High Yield Deal of the Year Americas” by International Financial Law Review (IFLR)), and of the underwriters in secured and unsecured notes and preferred stock offerings and dealer managers in exchange offers and debt and equity tender offers by CIT Group since 2009.
  • Representation of JPMorgan in providing $3.0 billion bridge commitments to Xerox Corporation in connection with the acquisition of Affiliated Computer Services.
  • Representation of the underwriters in various securities offerings by homebuilders D.R. Horton since 1997 and M.D.C. Holdings since 1998.

Insurance 

  • Representation of Arch Capital Group in connection with bridge financing commitments, credit facilities and notes and preferred share offerings to fund the with the acquisition of United Guaranty.
  • Representation of the underwriters in preferred share offerings by Validus Holdings.
  • Representation of Ironshore, a Bermuda-based catastrophe property and casualty insurer, in connection with formation and initial capitalization of over $1.0 billion, and sale of 20% interest to Fosun International and subsequent sale of remaining 80% interest to Fosun International.
  • Representation of Global Atlantic Financial Group in connection with joint venture investment.