Michael M. Makhotin
Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
32 Old Slip
New York, NY 10005
Michael Makhotin is counsel in the New York office of Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP, where his practice is primarily focused on banking and finance matters. He represents investment banks, debt funds, commercial banks, private equity sponsors and corporations in public and private financing transactions, including syndicated bank financings, mezzanine and back-leverage financings, debt offerings and workout financings.
Michael has advised borrowers and financial institutions in connection with acquisition financings, including financing of the acquisition of DigitalGlobe, Inc. by Maxar Technologies and acquisition of CDM Group by USA Compression Partners. He has represented clients in connection with asset-based, reserve-based, other secured and unsecured credit facilities and high-yield note placements, and has practiced in a variety of industries such as oil and gas, energy, transportation, real estate, manufacturing and communications.
Michael’s representations prior to joining Cahill include:
- Four leading international banks (including three top 20 world banks by total assets) as the joint lead arrangers in connection with a $1.3 billion secured bridge facility for the acquisition of a non-controlling interest in a gas processing facility.
- Maxar Technologies Ltd. in connection with the upsizing of its revolving credit facilities, term loan A and term loan B facilities to $3.75 billion in the aggregate to finance the acquisition of DigitalGlobe, Inc.
- A top U.S. private equity fund in connection with a $1.25 billion term loan B facility and $100 million super priority revolving credit facility to finance the acquisition of an operator of pipelines and processing facilities.
- The lead arranger in connection with a $1 billion secured revolving credit facility for Transocean Inc., an international drilling rig operator.
- USA Compression Partners, LP in connection with the upsizing of its asset-based credit facility to finance the acquisition of CDM group.
- A pipeline operator in connection with its $500 million syndicated secured revolving credit facility and subsequent out-of-court restructuring of indebtedness thereunder.
- A leading U.S. private debt fund in connection with a $125 million secured delayed draw term credit facility for a midstream operator and subsequent out-of-court restructuring thereof.
- Funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, LLC in connection with the acquisition of a $1 billion portfolio of debt and equity investments in energy assets.
- CVR Energy, Inc. in connection with Rule 144A / Regulation S offering of $645 million aggregate principal amount of senior secured notes used to refinance the existing indebtedness of a recently acquired subsidiary of CVR Energy.
- Cloud Peak Energy Inc. in connection with the exchange of up to $400 million of its senior notes due 2019 and senior notes due 2024 for second lien notes due 2021 and cash consideration.